This mission is made possible through the generous support of friends like you. Kindly consider making a charitable contribution and/or volunteering you time. We accept donations online and donations by check.
1. Online donations: To make a donation online please use a donation button below. Donations online are processed by PayPal and there is a small charge of 2.3% for processing. For example, if you donate $10, we will receive $9.77 and PayPal will take $0.23. You do not need to have a PayPal account to make an online donation.
2. Donations by check: Please make checks payable to “The Holy Family Home”. Please mail checks to our office in Saint Paul:
The Holy Family Home
ATTN: Ms. Sharon King
P. O. Box 8063
Saint Paul, MN 55108
If you wish, you may specify your desire as to how you wish your donation to be used. Our current needs include:
- Transportation to the nearest parish for Sunday Mass: (located 50 km away) — bus + train: $35 for a small group of kids.
- Girls educational and vocations pilgrimage to Lviv: We are planning to bring a group of teenage girls who are currently living in a state-run orphanage in a poor isolated village Varvarivka to Lviv for visiting beautiful churches, attending daily Mass, vocations discernment, and educational programs. The cost is $1370 for a group of eight girls.
Every donation matters. Even a small donation of $10 can make a difference in a life of a disadvantaged Ukrainian teen.
We are an all-volunteer organization, therefore, 100% of your donation goes directly to support the orphans and disadvantaged youth.
The Holy Family Home is a 501( c )(3) organization. Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
May God reward your generosity!
3. Volunteer your time: If you would like to donate your time to help running the home, to help running a summer camp, or to teach the teens a class or a skill of your choice (e.g. a handyman skill) from which they may benefit in their lives, please contact us.
4. Donation of goods: We are currently in need of the following:
- Woodworking equipment and tools for teaching woodworking classes for boys. If you wish to donate electric tools they should be 220V (not 110V).
- Old cellphones. A cellphone should be “unlocked”, i. e. be able to work with different providers. If you wish to donate a cellphone but do not know if it is “unlocked”, call the manufacturer to see if this particular model will work in Ukraine. The Varvarivka orphanage has requested cell phones. Cell phones will help the teens to stay connected with their mentors, family, and friends after they “graduate”. Currently, none of the 2020 graduates has a cellphone.
- Soccer balls, footwear, and apparel for the Varvarivka orphanage boys soccer team.
- Picture frames.
- Office suppliers.
- Quality clothing for girls and boys.
- Chapel veils for girls.
If you wish to donate any of these items (or anything else you think an orphan boy or girl would love to receive as a gift) please contact us. If you are in the Twin Cities metro are, we can pick up your donation ourselves. For sizeable donations, if located outside of the Twin Cities metro area, we will consider making a different arrangement.
- Special Mass in the Extraordinary Form (1962 Missale Romanum) will be offered monthly by an FSSP priest Father Bauknecht for those who assist in this noble work by either making a charitable contribution or serving as a volunteer.
- You will be remembered in our daily recitation of the Divine Office in the Extraordinary Form.
- By becoming a supporter you will share in all good works performed by the Holy Family Home for Orphanage Graduates and Disadvantaged Your People.